Here you’ll find any current vacancies at Stirk House. For more information, or to apply for any of these roles, please email: email@example.com along with your CV and cover letter.
Food & Beverage Assistant
Full-Time, Permanent | £18,720.00 per year
Date added: 15th September 2021.
Stirk House Hotel is an award-winning busy wedding and events hotel located in the picturesque Ribble Valley. We are looking to recruit a full-time, permanent Food & Beverage Assistant. You will be joining a friendly, hard-working and professional team.
Previous hospitality experience is ideal although the right personality is more important and training can be given to candidates wanting to pursue a career in hospitality.
Working hours will be based on a rota system, and with the nature of this role, it will include evenings and weekend shift patterns.
The Food & Beverage Assistant will be responsible for serving food and beverages to guests, maintaining a clean and organised work environment and delivering excellent guest experiences.
Opportunity to progress to supervisory level role and pay enhancement for working after midnight.
Experience/skills required: – Experience of working in a similar role an advantage but not essential.
– Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable).
– Accurate cash handling skills.
– High standard of personal presentation.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Confident, polite, professional and friendly personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels.
– Ability to take initiative and resolve queries in a practical and positive manner.
– Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
Full-Time, Permanent | £9.50 Per Hour
Date added: 9th August 2021.
Working hours: 40 hours per week over 5 days to include regular weekend working, 7am start.
We are looking to recruit someone who has a keen eye for detail and is passionate about creating a flawless finish and the “WOW” factor for each of our weddings and events.
The role will involve following very precise instructions and details, but the successful applicant must also be able to solve problems and use their own initiative to develop solutions and options.
You will be responsible for:
– The presentation and arrangement of the hotel’s and guest’s decorations and accessories for the hotel weddings and events (this does not include the items supplied by third party companies who do their own dressing).
– Ensuring the function rooms are perfectly presented ahead of the event.
– Ensuring that all equipment is removed and stored after the event.
– The upkeep and maintenance of all our equipment – cleaning/polishing candelabras, mirrors checking tables and chairs, maintain stores to be clean and organised.
– Being involved as we expand and develop the equipment hire and services we offer to our customers (weddings and events) and to manage the costs and operation of these.
– There will be some heavy lifting of tables, chairs and accessories so awareness and attention to H&S is essential.
Starting salary will £9.50 per hour but we also welcome applications from experienced venue dressers and salary will be adjusted accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Full-Time, Permanent | £9.50-£10 Per Hour
Date added: 6th August 2021.
We are looking to recruit a Night Porter on a full-time basis.
Own transport is required due to our location.
Salary: £9.50-£10.00 per hour
40 hours per week, 11pm-7am, 5 nights per week on a rota system, and with the nature of this role, it will include regular weekend working.
The Night Porter will be responsible for hotel operations during the night and the security and safety of the property and guests during that time.
It is a customer facing role and will focus on front of house operations, the preparation of function areas for events, guest and hotel safety and security, bar work and general cleaning and tidying.
The Night Porter will be responsible for ensuring a professional and high quality service at all times.
You will be required to train in Emergency First Aid and take on a Fire Warden role.
– Good communication and written skills.
– Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
– Customer service skills.
– Ability to respond appropriately to diverse customers and guests.
– Ability to carry out manual lifting and carrying.
– Immediate start.
Reference ID: Night Porter
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent